Dare 2 Be Real (D2BR) is an interracial student leadership group that:
- Identifies students who are effective at working with people who are culturally or racially different from themselves
- Works as a team of intercultural and interracial student leaders to eliminate racism
- Discusses racial inequities in our community and takes action
- Helps students develop and understand their cultural and racial identity
Dare 2 Be Real Members are students who...
- Show leadership potential and great character
- Have demonstrated a willingness to listen to others and engage in mindful inquiry about race, culture, ethnicity and interpersonal development
- Have a desire to build their will, skill, knowledge and capacity to lead intercultural and interracial discourse and potentially present to and/or mentor others regarding these topics
Antiracism Declaration: Justice Page Middle School is an anti-racist school that strives to abolish racism, segregation and stereotyping. All students should feel safe, welcome and able to learn.
D2BR Meets every other Monday during 6th or 7th hour. Applications (with teacher recommendations) are submitted early in the school year. Here is the D2BR Application.
Questions? Contact Ms. Elissa, D2BR Advisor, at email@example.com.