Justice Page Middle School PE and Health Course Descriptions
6th, 7th & 8th grade students will participate in coordination and sport, fitness, cooperative, and lifetime activities. These opportunities will address movement skill and knowledge, physical fitness, personal and social behavior, and the value of living a physically active lifestyle. Students will also have an opportunity to work as a team, develop and refine previously learned skills, learn new concepts in fitness development, and assess their own active lifestyle.
Learning targets graded in Phy Ed can be seen on your specific teacher's web page.
Health EducationWithin Health Education, students will work to develop the skills necessary to live a healthy lifestyle. Part of a healthy lifestyle is being able to: set goals, use decision making skills, advocate for the self and others, analyze influences, access data, use communication skills, comprehend concepts, and practice healthy behaviors. In an effort to develop these necessary skills, the Justice Page Middle School PE/Health teacher will use district adopted resources such as Glencoe Teen Health 2, Healthteacher.com, Second Step, Making Proud Choices, and other supplemental resources. Making Proud Choices is an HIV/STD and Pregnancy Prevention curriculum adopted by MPS. Specifically, each grade level of health will cover the following units:
- Fitness and Exercise
- Mental & Emotional Health
- Personal Safety
- Consumer Health
- Sex Education (Anatomy/Physiology, Pregnancy, STIs, Contraception)
- Making Proud Choices
- Human Sexuality (Sexual Responsibility, Gender Identity, Teen Sexuality)
- Relationships (Communication Techniques, Behavior, Refusal Skills)
- ATOD (Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs)
- Communicable Diseases (Hepatitis, Influenza, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, etc.)
- Non-Communicable Diseases (Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, etc.)