Welcome to This I Believe, a unit in which you will explore and present the foundations of various beliefs that are important to you. Our work will be modeled on the "This I Believe" audio essays from National Public Radio. With most lessons, you will listen to sample audio lessons (also available as text), then write your own draft on a related topic. At the end of the unit you will choose one belief to expand on and "publish".
Lessons with video intros are posted in Google Classroom, which is the preferred platform for work. All lessons for the week will be posted on Monday mornings. Use this site if Google Classroom is down. Lessons are linked at the bottom of this page.
Timing is as follows (though you can progress at your own pace once lessons are launched on Mondays):
- Monday, April 6: lesson 01
- Tuesday, April 7: lesson 02
- Wednesday, April 8: lesson 03
- Thursday, April 9: lesson 04
- Friday, April 10: lesson 05
- Monday, April 13: lesson 06
- Tuesday, April 14: lesson 07
- Wednesday, April 15: lesson 08
- Thursday, April 16: lesson 09
- Friday, April 17-NO LESSON-END OF QUARTER 3!
- Monday, April 20: lesson 10
- Tuesday, April 21: lesson 11
- Wednesday, April 22: lesson 12
- Thursday, April 23: lesson 13
- Friday, April 24: lesson 14