What is the Application Process for AVID?
- For the 2020-21 school year, information about AVID is included with other courses. All students who wish to apply for AVID should complete this application before the course registration due date.
- Current 6th and current 7th grade students can apply for open spots in AVID. The number of opening spots is to be determined.
- Applications should be completed on or before the course registration due date for the best chance of placement into AVID classes!
- Students currently in AVID 6 and AVID 7 do not need to reapply! Your current AVID teacher will talk with your class.
- Students will be notified of their acceptance into AVID when class schedules are released to students. Students who are not accepted into the program are encouraged to apply again next year for AVID at Page, or at their Minneapolis high school!
- Current 8th graders should check back for updates here about applying for AVID at their MPS high school for 20-21 school year. Any current 8th grader may apply for open spots at any MPS high school. Each high school has a little different process -- please check the course catalog and/or check with your high school's counselor for more information!